Mr. Ed Revisited

Written by: Mel
 
 
OC’s: Daniel and Steven
 
 
I ran into the stable, leaving the gate swinging behind me. Boris was in his stall quietly munching on oats. He looked up as I approached him and gave a little snort of greeting before returning to his meal. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into the coarse hair of his mane and began to sob. “Oh Boris, what am I going to do?  He’s gonna kill me when he finds out what I’ve done.” 
 
 
Much to my shock a deep-throated gravelly voice replied. “Can’t say as I’d blame him if he did. But given the fact that he loves you, he’ll probably just paddle you hard enough that you won’t be sitting astride me for a few days.”
 
 
I jumped back and stared at the bay gelding in horror. “Boris, you can talk!”
 
 
The horse lifted his head from the feed bucket and looked straight at me. “Of course I can talk. You just never bothered to listen.” He then went back to his feed as if nothing unusual was happening. 
 
 
I turned running from the stall, calling out for my partner. “Daniel! Daniel, you’ve got to hear this!” Standing just outside the stall was the object of my cries. “Oh my god Daniel, you’re not going to believe this! Boris jut spoke to me.”
 
 
The look on Daniel’s face was not a pleasant one. In fact, he looked down right furious. “Steven, I’m not in the mood for your nonsense! I’m bloody angry with you right now. I told you in no uncertain terms this morning that you were not to attempt to fix that tractor. I made it very clear that is was to be left to Ernie when he has the time to come out and look at it. And yet what did I just find? Half the damn thing stripped down with parts strewn all across the work bench! Why do you never bother to listen?”
 

I looked at him incredulously. “That’s just what Boris just said.” 
 

Daniel shook his head sadly. “Steven, making up nonsense like a talking horse is beneath even you as a means of getting out of a punishment.” He took hold of my arm and turned me around, landing three hard swats on my butt. 

“Back to the house right now, and wait in the corner of the den for me.” 
 
 
“But Daniel I’m not making it up! He…” My reply was silenced by another swat.
 
 
“Now, Steven!”
 
 
I knew better than to argue with that tone so I walked slowly back to the house muttering under my breath about talking horses and ornery tops.
 
 
A half an hour later I was lying in Daniel’s arms trying to compose myself after one hell of a paddling. My butt felt like it had been put through a meat tenderizer. Normally at this point I felt like things were equalized again between Daniel and I, but this time I had an issue that the spanking hadn’t been able to solve. I still had to get Daniel to believe me that Boris could talk!
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
I sighed heavily and sat back and looked at my computer screen. Natasha had a point, talking horses are just a dumb story line. I looked at the new crate and dishes sitting on the kitchen floor awaiting our new puppy’s home coming.

‘Dogs!’ I thought. Now a talking dog would make a much better brat pet! “Pepper, the talking Puppy” by Anonymous. (no way was I putting my name to this one!)
 
 
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment